Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2014
“Inherent Vice” is a stoner “Chinatown” as directed by Wes Anderson, if Wes got sick midway through it and the darker Paul Thomas Anderson took over for the last acts. Actually, only one Anderson — Paul Thomas (“The Master,” “There … Continue reading
“Luckily,” Josh Brolin growls, “I don’t take these characters personally.” Some times he’s the “No Country for Old Men” anti hero, sometimes Brolin plays villains (“American Gangster”), corrupt to the core. But if you want him to pick up another … Continue reading
Sprawling and spectacular, brawny and bloody, Ridley Scott’s “Exodus: Gods and Kings” stabs an exclamation point onto a year peppered with religious films, one that began with the less conventional and trippier “Noah.” This is Old Testament as action epic, … Continue reading