Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2014
“Inherent Vice” is a stoner “Chinatown” as directed by Wes Anderson, if Wes got sick midway through it and the darker Paul Thomas Anderson took over for the last acts. Actually, only one Anderson — Paul Thomas (“The Master,” “There … Continue reading
“Luckily,” Josh Brolin growls, “I don’t take these characters personally.” Some times he’s the “No Country for Old Men” anti hero, sometimes Brolin plays villains (“American Gangster”), corrupt to the core. But if you want him to pick up another … Continue reading
Sprawling and spectacular, brawny and bloody, Ridley Scott’s “Exodus: Gods and Kings” stabs an exclamation point onto a year peppered with religious films, one that began with the less conventional and trippier “Noah.” This is Old Testament as action epic, … Continue reading