Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2014
In the Euro-animated “Yellowbird,” an agoraphobic orphaned hatchling is entrusted with the task of leading a flock of bluebirds from Northern France to their winter home in Africa. The animation is average, but it is the locations that sell this … Continue reading
You can have your costumed crusaders, your “Terminator” retreads, your J.J. Abram reinvents this or that. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is the one I’m looking forward to. Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, sort of splitting up the Mel Gibson role (she … Continue reading
“Birdman” collected four Screen Actor’s Guild Award nominations today — with Michael Keaton, Edward Norton and Emma Stone singled out for actor, supporting actor and actress. “Boyhood”did almost as well, with Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke and the ensemble collecting honors. … Continue reading