Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2014
In the Euro-animated “Yellowbird,” an agoraphobic orphaned hatchling is entrusted with the task of leading a flock of bluebirds from Northern France to their winter home in Africa. The animation is average, but it is the locations that sell this … Continue reading
You can have your costumed crusaders, your “Terminator” retreads, your J.J. Abram reinvents this or that. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is the one I’m looking forward to. Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, sort of splitting up the Mel Gibson role (she … Continue reading
“Birdman” collected four Screen Actor’s Guild Award nominations today — with Michael Keaton, Edward Norton and Emma Stone singled out for actor, supporting actor and actress. “Boyhood”did almost as well, with Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke and the ensemble collecting honors. … Continue reading