Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2014
In the Euro-animated “Yellowbird,” an agoraphobic orphaned hatchling is entrusted with the task of leading a flock of bluebirds from Northern France to their winter home in Africa. The animation is average, but it is the locations that sell this … Continue reading
You can have your costumed crusaders, your “Terminator” retreads, your J.J. Abram reinvents this or that. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is the one I’m looking forward to. Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, sort of splitting up the Mel Gibson role (she … Continue reading
“Birdman” collected four Screen Actor’s Guild Award nominations today — with Michael Keaton, Edward Norton and Emma Stone singled out for actor, supporting actor and actress. “Boyhood”did almost as well, with Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke and the ensemble collecting honors. … Continue reading