Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- RIP Ennio Morricone, master of the Spaghetti Western score
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 26, 2014
“The most cruel dictators are usually, in private, quite charming people,” purrs Christoph Waltz in that gloriously precise, Oscar-winning Austrian accent. Not that he’d know. He’s not met any, or played a dictator in a movie — yet. But give … Continue reading
I have been following, with a mixture of interest and annoyance, the whole “Interview” release/threats kill the release/released in spite of the threats saga, much of it on vacation in the remote wilds of rural Va. The “interest” part was … Continue reading