Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 16, 2022
The perfect movie to open right before Thanksgiving, a class conscious haute cuisine thriller. We awaken from our triptophan stupors and get away from the turkey to soak up a little Joy — as in Florida born Brit Anya Taylor … Continue reading
If you’ve never seen a Filipino action pic, this could make a fun introduction. Limited release Dec. 2. https://youtu.be/ro6xty9NWe0
Gross, gory and psychedelically nonsensical, Alex Phillips “All Jacked Up and Full of Worms” plays like the sort of indie film guy with a camera and some stoner buddies make. It’s sloppy, semi-scripted and lacks much of anything that you’d … Continue reading
I haven’t been the biggest fan of Netflix’s attempts at “prestige” pictures, movies rolled out late in the year with a whiff of “Let’s throw some money at big names and see if we can get an Oscar” about them. … Continue reading
The Oscar winner shows up on Apple TV with this 19th century period piece about a runaway slave. Ben Foster also stars. Dec. 2
Movie Preview: A former NFL great finds himself sucked into “Madden,” trapped in a video game — “Fantasy Football”
This Nickelodeon Films/Paramount+ production stars Kelly Rowland, Omari Hardwick and Marsai Martin and streams Nov. 25.
The sound of a men’s chorus harmonizing through “Sloop John B.,” “Sail Away Ladies,” “Santiana” or “Haul Away Joe” still brings a tingle to the spine when those Cornish Fisherman’s Friends bring sea chanteys back to life in “Fisherman’s Friends: … Continue reading
We pick up the tail end of a story of reporter Megan Twohey (Carey Mulligan) was just finishing up, the 2016 research and publishing her expose of Donald Trump’s legion of sexual assault accusers, and facing death threats and an … Continue reading
We know that the many threatening phone calls recreated for the new drama about the Harvey Weinstein serial sexual assaults scandal “She Said” aren’t actual recordings of the Miramax/Weinstein Co. chief yelling “WHO did you talk to? Was it Gwyneth?” … Continue reading