Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2022
“The Takeover” is a brisk-enough but seriously formulaic Dutch thriller about a hacker being chased by villains she’s crossed and hunted for a murder she’s been framed for but didn’t commit. So it’s a little like a lot of “coder/hacker” … Continue reading
There wasn’t much point in filming another version of Eric Maria Remaraque’s classic anti-war novel “All Quiet on the Western Front.” There are other films of it out there, each worthwhile in its own way. And we’ve had “1917,” “The … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Black Adam” enjoys his last weekend before “Wakanda,” “One Piece Film: Red” rakes in Anime Bucks
One more big double-digit weekend take from Dwayne Johnson and the DC/Warners team, a whopping $18.5 million more for “Black Adam.” That pushes it over $123 million, and counting. But that count is going to plummet as it loses screens … Continue reading