Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 5, 2022
Movie Review: Claire Denis and Margaret Qualley Serve up Central American intrigue and romance in “Stars at Noon”
The first mystery of “Stars at Noon” is just who and what this character, Trish Johnson really is? She tells one and all she’s a “periodista,” a journalist. Since she’s paying for her drinks with cordobas, we can guess she’s … Continue reading
The folks releasing “Resistance 1942” should have kept this WWII thriller’s original title “Burning at Both Ends,” for starters. That’s not only more poetic, but retitling without re-editing the picture you’ve decided to distribute can get you into trouble, too. … Continue reading