Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 14, 2022
It’s the”Yellowstone” origin series. Paramount+ cannily cashed I’m on Kevin Costner’s star power among over 50s, and now they’ve talked their Indiana Jones into tackling this prequel, set in…”1923.”
A woman with a baby, an under-age car thief…Dec. 23 in limited release.
As tales of a family holed up after an apocalypse go, “Shadows” isn’t particularly bad. Carlo Lavagna’s thriller has a decent sense of isolation and a time-tested source of conflict. But the director of “Ariana” commits two cardinal sins in … Continue reading
Fun, flamboyant enough to remind us of all the gossipy speculation that used to follow him around, and cool. Because that’s one part of his image Daniel Craig won’t want to shed.
When you boil a thriller down to the bare essentials, you realize just how many of them get by on one killer gimmick. Jimmy Stewart, busted leg, trapped in his apartment watching a murder and cover-up through his “Rear Window” … Continue reading
Every few years, Disney likes to remind a new generation of fans that this global entertainment colossus was “all started by a mouse,” as founder Walt Disney used to say. “Mickey: The Story of a Mouse” is such a reminder, … Continue reading
We love Will Ferrell, Ryan Reynolds and Octavia Spencer. We all do, and I know I’m not speaking out of turn when I say “we” here. And that’s a big help when diving into the musical “Spirited,” a musical “Christmas … Continue reading