Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2022
If you see just one Inuit kids fend off tentacled alien invaders thriller this year, make it “Slash/Back,” an above-the-Arctic Circle genre pic in the “Attack the Block” tradition. It’s a more good-natured-than-good Canadian production about a village beset by … Continue reading
Intimate in scale, narrow in focus, “Mars One” is a melodrama of the “kitchen sink drama” school. A Brazilian submission for the Best International Feature prize at the Oscars, it takes us into the lives of a family of four, … Continue reading
This “true story” looks unusual and arresting and authentic in casting and details. I’m totally there. Nov. 18.
Yes, the headline is a rhetorical question. Because if there’s one thing the 50+ years since “Bullitt” has proven, it’s that most every big screen cop thriller has been in many if not most ways a remake of this Steve … Continue reading
What a dreadful bore “The Sleep Experiment” turns out to be. A period piece thriller about a sleep deprivation study in Britain’s Porton Down government science park, it’s old fashioned and corny, bloody and — like life itself in more … Continue reading
This indie sci fi comic thriller is now streaming. Looks worth reviewing.
Yes, if it’s a holiday musical we expect Mr Funny or Die and his Canadian labradoodle to do their own singing, dammit. Wait for it. Wait. Waiiiit. Nov 11, in theaters, shortly thereafter on Apple TV+, not on that “Net” … Continue reading