Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 29, 2022
Documentary Review: An Artist’s Artist in the Comic Book medium — “Dave Stevens: Drawn to Perfection”
Dave Stevens is one of those names whispered in awe among comic book cognoscenti. Because the people in the know know — his peers, collectors, the most fanatical fans. He was “a once in a lifetime artist,” an exemplar who … Continue reading
Sad state of affairs, reviewing any Bruce Willis film these days. You sit with pen poised, waiting to hear if they give him a single line of dialogue. He’s going out with a quickie “instant” trilogy, most of which won’t … Continue reading
“Christmas with the Campbells” is a soft-and-squishy Christmas rom-com that tries ever-so-hard to be “edgy” when it oh-so-obviously isn’t. Yes, there’s amusement in seeing that effort. Some. I mean, Justin Long attempting a folksy drawl as the outdoorsy nephew to … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Julianne Moore and Finn Wolfhard star in Jesse Eisenberg’s “When You Finish Saving The World*
A24 picked up this writing and directing turn from Eisenberg after it made a splash at Sundance. A kid seeking online “validation,” a mother feeling cut off. “When You Finish Saving the World” hits theaters in late January.
The great gamine, fashion icon, UNICEF ambassador and oh-by-the-way, film star Audrey Hepburn never worked with Alfred Hitchcock. Not blonde enough, I guess. But she came close, flirting with Hitchcockian thrillers in “Wait Until Dark,” flirting with Cary Grant in … Continue reading
I used to be more sentimental about Christmas movies, how Santa came off on screen and all that. “Bad Santa” cured me of that. Mr. Harbour has had a few shots at big screen glory. This one doesn’t have Marvel … Continue reading
It was one of the BIG factors in this being the “worst Thanksgiving box office weekend ever.” A Steven Spielberg movie opening with about $3.5 million over FIVE days is kind of unheard of, too. A half-decent (but only half) … Continue reading
It takes a special kind of “creativity” to see this news story and think, “That smells like BOX OFFICE.” How it took 38 years to make it to the screen is anybody’s guess. Feb. 24.