Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 26, 2022
The Babys and Bad English front man is captured as he gets back to it after the enforced pandemic layoff. Unusual trailer for this Dec. 6 release. There’s pretty much no music in it to remind folks of who this … Continue reading
This horror/sci-fi tale with dark comedy elements is from the folks who gave us “The Endless,” and it looks…OUT there. Moorhead & Benson, they go by. And with “Something in the Dirt,” they’ve given us something else to look forward … Continue reading
The murders in “Holy Spider,” a Danish thriller about an Iranian serial killer, are some of the most disturbing ever filmed. There’s nothing pretty about strangling someone to death, and no avoiding the pathos in the victim’s eyes as she … Continue reading
Oh my. Nov. 7 is when this bad garcon streams.
Documentary Review: A Damning Remembrance of “The Sex Scandal that Brought Down a Dynasty” — “God Forbid”
No one named Falwell or Trump, no evangelical “Christian Nationalist,” and no person associated with Liberty University or The Washington Examiner comes off well in “God Forbid,” the new documentary about “The Scandal that Brought Down a Dynasty.” But Tom … Continue reading
There’s nothing worth getting worked up about over “A Chance Encounter,” so no sense wasting an “infuriatingly dull” or “tentatively tepid” over it. It’s never more than a senseless waste of seldom-filmed Sicilian locations whose view is blocked by the … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Lost gem from the ’90s gets a restoration, re-edit and re-release — Affleck, Weisz, Clayburgh and McGowan — “Going All the Way”
Quite a cast assembled for this Mark Pellington film based on a Dan Wakefield novel. Future Oscar winners Ben Affleck and Rachel Weisz, and Jill Clayburgh, Lesley Anne Warren, Amy Locane, Rose McGowan and Jeremy Davies assembled for a a … Continue reading
Anthony Hopkins, too. Oscar bait from the team that showcased Hopkins in “The Father.”