Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2022
Documentary Review: A Portrait of “Musician, weirdo” and “quintessential English Eccentric” Martin Newell — “The Jangling Man”
Martin Newell is a cantankerous British musician, singer, songwriter and poet who never quite got over the Dickensian wardrobe excesses of of the post-glam era in pop. He was in a few bands that never caught on, but he was … Continue reading
The gotchas are grand, the production design creepy and the undead as undead as ever in Indonesian horror maestro Joko Anwar’s “Satan’s Slaves: Communion,” the sequel to his 2017 zombie hit. The writer-director took care to not forget the fun … Continue reading
First time they’ve shared the credits since “Pulp Fiction?” Granted, both have seen a lot of better days since then, better days that wound down long before now. This thriller rolls out Nov. 11. “