Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 13, 2022
One of the bloodiest “island hopping” fights across the Pacific is recreated in miniature with Casper van Dien, Louis Mandylor and Jeff Fahey. A fictional account set during the struggle for the island, “Battle of Saipan opens Nov. 24. Not … Continue reading
I’m not being flippant when I refer to the gritty, soulful urban drama “Signs of Love” as very much “a family affair.” It’s about drugs, dealing and addiction and how that weighs on one neighborhood and one family, and the … Continue reading
There’s a grandeur to the finest moments in David Gordon Green’s “Halloween Ends,” a film meant to wrap up the saga that made Jamie Lee Curtis famous. Green, an indie film mainstay before “Pineapple Express” made him famous, finishes up … Continue reading
Movie Preview: It wouldn’t be Christmas without those “Spirited” pixies Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell
A little Aviation Gin/Funny or Die soaked spin on Mister Scrooge’s Big Night. Just in time for the holidays, early Nov. from Apple.
This looks and sounds wonderful. Oct 28, it comes to Apple TV+.
Unfortunate timing brings the latest of a string of “Zoom” films set during the COVID lockdown, “The Same Storm,” to theaters and home streaming after the funniest outing in the genre, “7 Days,” long after the solid drama “Together” and … Continue reading
Jacki Weaver and Idina Menzel co star in this Oct. 21 release about a veteran con artist who aims higher and the FBI is all over it.