Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 9, 2022
BOX OFFICE: “Lyle” underwhelms, “Amsterdam” tanks, “Smile” grins out another win
Not an epic weekend for the first kids’ film since the over-performing “League of Super Pets,” which is destined to fall just shy of $100 million (under $94) thanks to having zero competition save for lingering “Minions” money for a … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Lyle” underwhelms, “Amsterdam” tanks, “Smile” grins out another win
Movie Review: Bullied teen finds his purpose and his voice — “Rite of the Shaman”
“Rite of the Shaman” is a well-intentioned filmed homily about the righteous path for an aspiring holy man to take in his teens, when he’s still learning how to process grief, compartmentalize life’s many struggles and deal with bullies. It’s … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Bullied teen finds his purpose and his voice — “Rite of the Shaman”