Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 19, 2022
This November film release on Amazon Prime promises a lot of Ugly American behavior in the UK for Bell’s half-sister’s posh nuptials. Cynthia Addai-Robinson (“Lord the Rings: Ring of Power,” “Chicago Med”) is the sister, Black and British. Ben Platt … Continue reading
Nov 4, let the caller and host cat-and-mouse game begin.
Movie Review: Robbers are “Hunted” in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and “the most dangerous game”
As long as there are movies to be made, there’ll be fresh versions of the hoariest thriller plot of all, the one based on a short story with a pun in the title. Man/human beings are “The Most Dangerous Game.” … Continue reading
Is the setting France? The character names are French, so probably. Jason Patric and Judd Hirsch also star in this WWII drama. Nov. 11 this streams and hits VOD.
There’s a stately, old-fashioned gentility to “My Policeman,” a period piece romance from the days when homosexuality was “The love that dare not speak its name” in the United Kingdom. It’s the sort of tragic gay melodrama that stood out … Continue reading
Julia Roberts and George Clooney wring every last drop of good will and good humor out of their long friendship and screen personas as estranged exes who join forces to stop their daughter from marrying too impulsively and too young … Continue reading
Promoter, wrestler, actor and producer Dwayne Johnson swoops in to give DC and struggling cinemas a hand with a super hero movie this weekend. Let’s see if it’s worth any hoopla, shall we?