Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 16, 2022
Tricks and traps and poison and old friends and high stakes. This one features RZA and Liam Hemsworth in support and hits theaters Nov. 16, streaming shortly thereafter. My review of “Poker Face” is linked here.
The simple pleasure of seeing Ethan Hawke and Ewan McGregor paired-up as brothers by different mothers does the heavy lifting of “Raymond & Ray,” a downbeat dramedy about their dead father’s last wish. It starts out as an estranged-sibling melodrama, … Continue reading
The first four or five times one hears a snippet of the story of how 1920s and ’30s singing, dancing and acting sensation Josephine Baker was a French spy of great repute during World War II, the only rational reaction … Continue reading
The only reasons to call “Halloween Ends,” the third and final film in director David Gordon Green’s reboot of the franchise a bust are A) reviews, which have been bad and Even audience scores acknowledge that Team Green botched the … Continue reading