Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2022
Animated and out April 7, this “teaser” is more of a long clip to show us their visual approach. A lot of big names in it. And Chris Pratt.
The opening narration to “Bromates” — a lifeless and almost laughless laugher about two jilted-by-their-girlfriends dudes who move in together — raises expectations that the movie never delivers on. Because Snoop Dogg performs it. He shows up onscreen, as himself, … Continue reading
Documentary Preview: Disney makes a film about the Mouse that Made Them — “Mickey: The Story of a Mouse”
This could be good. In terms of the creative process, warts and all, it’d be more authoritative if Disney hadn’t produced its own origin cartoon character story. But Nov 18, Disney+ serves it up.
Perhaps the pithiest way to describe the new serio-comic “Amsterdam” is “a hot mess.” Star-studded and stuffed with situations, characters and relationships, it starts with a breathless sprint as it introduces character upon character, scenes and settings on top of … Continue reading
I never imagined “Lyle, Lyle Crocodile” could be as endearing at this. And with Gatorade as my witness, I never thought I’d see Oscar winner and former Bond villain Javier Bardem break out his singing voice and dancing shoes to … Continue reading