Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 26, 2017
Razzies dishonor DeNiro, Dinesh D’Souza and “Independence Day: Resurgence”
The 37th annual Golden Raspberry Awards, dissing the disasters of cinema, were announced this week. And the voters cooked up their usual blend of condemnation and dish on the year’s unworthiest films, scripts for films and actors in films. So … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Razzies dishonor DeNiro, Dinesh D’Souza and “Independence Day: Resurgence”
Movie Review: “Chapter & Verse”
The conventions of the “fresh out of prison” drama are long-established. But they’re recycled, to good effect, in “Chapter & Verse,” a well-acted genre picture that suffers only from a chronic inability to surprise. Writer-star Daniel Beaty lays out the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Chapter & Verse”