Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 10, 2017
Ben Affleck’s gangster epic “Live by Night” doesn’t fail through lack of ambition. It’s an over-reach, a sprawling tale of love, betrayal, violence and “the demon rum.” It’s built on a book by Mr. Can’t-Miss Movie Material, Dennis Lehane, who … Continue reading
In a global economy roiled by uncertainty, there’s something to be said for going easy on anybody doing a dirty job just to get by. But there’s a better argument for making Kate Beckinsale, her agent and her financial planner … Continue reading
Three generations of Greeks struggle with intercultural romance amidst the turmoil of modern Athens in “Worlds Apart,” a romantic melodrama by Greek writer, director and actor Christoforos (Christopher) Papakaliatis. This wistful, melancholy yet hopeful romance has a warmth that singes, … Continue reading