Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 10, 2017
Ben Affleck’s gangster epic “Live by Night” doesn’t fail through lack of ambition. It’s an over-reach, a sprawling tale of love, betrayal, violence and “the demon rum.” It’s built on a book by Mr. Can’t-Miss Movie Material, Dennis Lehane, who … Continue reading
In a global economy roiled by uncertainty, there’s something to be said for going easy on anybody doing a dirty job just to get by. But there’s a better argument for making Kate Beckinsale, her agent and her financial planner … Continue reading
Three generations of Greeks struggle with intercultural romance amidst the turmoil of modern Athens in “Worlds Apart,” a romantic melodrama by Greek writer, director and actor Christoforos (Christopher) Papakaliatis. This wistful, melancholy yet hopeful romance has a warmth that singes, … Continue reading