Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 18, 2017
It doesn’t limit “20th Century Women” to call it a “coming of age” story. Because there is no limit to that which comes of age in it. Sure, there’s a teenage boy, Jamie (Lucas Jade Zumann). And he’s got this … Continue reading
We don’t mislabel it “schizophrenia” any more. And few call them “multiple personalities” these days. It’s “Dissociative identity disorder” now. But it’s still every actor’s wet dream. And given the chance to play a kidnapper with an array of guises living … Continue reading
Every now and then, a cop picture comes along that makes bullet points out of the cliches common to the genre. “Sleepless,” a remake of the French thriller “Nuit blanche,” is here to teach us the conventions of “the cop … Continue reading