Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 18, 2017
It doesn’t limit “20th Century Women” to call it a “coming of age” story. Because there is no limit to that which comes of age in it. Sure, there’s a teenage boy, Jamie (Lucas Jade Zumann). And he’s got this … Continue reading
We don’t mislabel it “schizophrenia” any more. And few call them “multiple personalities” these days. It’s “Dissociative identity disorder” now. But it’s still every actor’s wet dream. And given the chance to play a kidnapper with an array of guises living … Continue reading
Every now and then, a cop picture comes along that makes bullet points out of the cliches common to the genre. “Sleepless,” a remake of the French thriller “Nuit blanche,” is here to teach us the conventions of “the cop … Continue reading