Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 18, 2017
It doesn’t limit “20th Century Women” to call it a “coming of age” story. Because there is no limit to that which comes of age in it. Sure, there’s a teenage boy, Jamie (Lucas Jade Zumann). And he’s got this … Continue reading
We don’t mislabel it “schizophrenia” any more. And few call them “multiple personalities” these days. It’s “Dissociative identity disorder” now. But it’s still every actor’s wet dream. And given the chance to play a kidnapper with an array of guises living … Continue reading
Every now and then, a cop picture comes along that makes bullet points out of the cliches common to the genre. “Sleepless,” a remake of the French thriller “Nuit blanche,” is here to teach us the conventions of “the cop … Continue reading