Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 18, 2017
It doesn’t limit “20th Century Women” to call it a “coming of age” story. Because there is no limit to that which comes of age in it. Sure, there’s a teenage boy, Jamie (Lucas Jade Zumann). And he’s got this … Continue reading
We don’t mislabel it “schizophrenia” any more. And few call them “multiple personalities” these days. It’s “Dissociative identity disorder” now. But it’s still every actor’s wet dream. And given the chance to play a kidnapper with an array of guises living … Continue reading
Every now and then, a cop picture comes along that makes bullet points out of the cliches common to the genre. “Sleepless,” a remake of the French thriller “Nuit blanche,” is here to teach us the conventions of “the cop … Continue reading