Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 12, 2017
Regarding that headline, here’s the old Oscar maxim. “Best Directors direct Best Pictures.” If your director doesn’t get nominated, your picture, even if nominated, doesn’t stand a chance at winning Best Picture. So “La La Land,” “Arrival,” “Manchester by the … Continue reading
Upon first hearing they were turning the lame ’80s TV series “CHiPs” into a movie, I thought — “Well, they cast it right.” Whack-job funnyman and car nut Dax Shepard and funny-when-he-wants-to-be Michael Pena? That works. The trailer, with its … Continue reading
“The Bye Bye Man” is a moldy slice of Wisconsin-set cheese, a horror film that manages as many unwanted laughs as frights. But there was just enough here — maybe in the pitch, if not the script — to attract … Continue reading
Michelle lets it slip, almost casually, in a restaurant — at a group dinner with friends. “I guess,” she hems and haws, “I was raped…I feel stupid for bringing it up.” But we already know that. We’ve seen the brutal … Continue reading