Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 12, 2017
Regarding that headline, here’s the old Oscar maxim. “Best Directors direct Best Pictures.” If your director doesn’t get nominated, your picture, even if nominated, doesn’t stand a chance at winning Best Picture. So “La La Land,” “Arrival,” “Manchester by the … Continue reading
Upon first hearing they were turning the lame ’80s TV series “CHiPs” into a movie, I thought — “Well, they cast it right.” Whack-job funnyman and car nut Dax Shepard and funny-when-he-wants-to-be Michael Pena? That works. The trailer, with its … Continue reading
“The Bye Bye Man” is a moldy slice of Wisconsin-set cheese, a horror film that manages as many unwanted laughs as frights. But there was just enough here — maybe in the pitch, if not the script — to attract … Continue reading
Michelle lets it slip, almost casually, in a restaurant — at a group dinner with friends. “I guess,” she hems and haws, “I was raped…I feel stupid for bringing it up.” But we already know that. We’ve seen the brutal … Continue reading