Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 6, 2017
Movie Review: Forbidden love in 1941 SC is the hook of “Sophie and the Rising Sun”
Veteran indie writer-director Maggie Greenwald’s best-known films — “The Ballad of Little Jo” and “Songcatcher” — are period pieces, fish-out-of-water romances. And all of her films have the refreshing novelty of being told from a female point of view. “Sophie … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Forbidden love in 1941 SC is the hook of “Sophie and the Rising Sun”
Movie Review: The LSD underground is unearthed for “The Sunshine Makers”
The mischievous twinkle never quite dims in the eyes of the two guys nicknamed, for the purpose of a documentary about them, “The Sunshine Makers.” And since the film’s about Tim Scully and Nicholas Sand, the “Orange Sunshine” manufacturers who … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: The LSD underground is unearthed for “The Sunshine Makers”