Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 15, 2016
Movies, even fairy tale adaptations, have taken to coddling kids — fretting more about offending than worrying if they’re challenging. “A Monster Calls” upends some of that conventional focus-group wisdom. Here’s a child’s fantasy that is as amusing as it … Continue reading
As “Miss Sloane,” Jessica Chastain wears blood-red lipstick over the palest of masks of makeup. Stiletto heels have never seem more aptly-named. Her dresses and stockings are in commanding shades of black. She rattles off long, discursive riffs about her … Continue reading