Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 15, 2016
Movies, even fairy tale adaptations, have taken to coddling kids — fretting more about offending than worrying if they’re challenging. “A Monster Calls” upends some of that conventional focus-group wisdom. Here’s a child’s fantasy that is as amusing as it … Continue reading
As “Miss Sloane,” Jessica Chastain wears blood-red lipstick over the palest of masks of makeup. Stiletto heels have never seem more aptly-named. Her dresses and stockings are in commanding shades of black. She rattles off long, discursive riffs about her … Continue reading