Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 15, 2016
Movie Review: “A Monster Calls”
Movies, even fairy tale adaptations, have taken to coddling kids — fretting more about offending than worrying if they’re challenging. “A Monster Calls” upends some of that conventional focus-group wisdom. Here’s a child’s fantasy that is as amusing as it … Continue reading
Movie Review: Jessica Chastain’s out for D.C. blood as “Miss Sloane”
As “Miss Sloane,” Jessica Chastain wears blood-red lipstick over the palest of masks of makeup. Stiletto heels have never seem more aptly-named. Her dresses and stockings are in commanding shades of black. She rattles off long, discursive riffs about her … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Jessica Chastain’s out for D.C. blood as “Miss Sloane”