Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Just Get Gerard Butler to "Kandahar"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "A Walk in the Sun" (1945) WWII filmed as it was happening
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 13, 2016
Movie Review: A fresh take on “Star Wars” makes the score “Rogue One” — “Force Awakens Zero”
Now this is more like it. “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” has fresh faces, fresh music, fresh tech and a fresh take on “Star Wars,” a rarity in this venerable franchise. It’s almost wholly satisfying — witty, warm and … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: A fresh take on “Star Wars” makes the score “Rogue One” — “Force Awakens Zero”
Movie Review: Beautiful people give a sheen to “Collateral Beauty”
Whatever the “meaning” of “Collateral Beauty” — and the title is given an incomplete but understandable definition in the film — it is to be appreciated for the lovely people it captures in loving, perfect close-ups. As Will Smith’s mad … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Beautiful people give a sheen to “Collateral Beauty”