Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 13, 2015
The deadpan charms of Kiwi comic Jemaine Clements are the chief recommendation of “People Places Things,” a droll New York romantic comedy that feels like 240 indie rom-coms that preceded it. Not that it doesn’t have its novelties. OK, novelty. … Continue reading