Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: Hanks and his "Greyhound" battle U-Boats in the Atlantic
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 24, 2015
“Amy” director and I agree on the career Amy Winehouse SHOULD have had, the one she might have survived
Asif Kapadia wishes Amy Winehouse had “just gotten out of London, out of Camden, away from the people, the drugs and that scene, and TRAVELED to where she wasn’t famous.” But it didn’t happen, and Winehouse was dead — not … Continue reading
The rise, fall and mainstreaming of hip hop fashion is explored in Sacha Jenkins’ “Fresh Dressed,” a documentary that visits an under explored corner of rap music history. Jenkins’ film details the sartorial statement that arrived, almost simultaneously, when hip … Continue reading