Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: Hanks and his "Greyhound" battle U-Boats in the Atlantic
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2015
It starts with a simple request. OK, it’s a horror movie. So maybe not so simple. “I want to talk to somebody who’s not around any more.” Of course, warning young Quinn (Stefanie Scott) that trying to talk with her … Continue reading
Writer-director-actor Jason Trost’s “How to Save Us” is a clever mash-up of the zombie apocalypse thriller and ghost story genres. But this lean indie picture runs out of surprises early and never overcomes flat, uninvolving acting, primarily by the eyepatch-wearing … Continue reading