Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Cheating is made for "The Delinquent Season"
- Movie Review: Billy Crystal drags Tiffany Haddish into the schmaltz --"Here Today"
- Movie Review: "Midway" recreates an epic naval battle, with a lot of digital help
- Olivia Cooke proves she's more than "just a horror girl" with "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "Paper Spiders" offers as realistic a depiction of mental illness as any movie ever
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2015
It starts with a simple request. OK, it’s a horror movie. So maybe not so simple. “I want to talk to somebody who’s not around any more.” Of course, warning young Quinn (Stefanie Scott) that trying to talk with her … Continue reading
Writer-director-actor Jason Trost’s “How to Save Us” is a clever mash-up of the zombie apocalypse thriller and ghost story genres. But this lean indie picture runs out of surprises early and never overcomes flat, uninvolving acting, primarily by the eyepatch-wearing … Continue reading