Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
- Movie Review: "Brothers by Blood," recut to death
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Netflixable? "The Lift Boy" is stuck on the (sentimental) ground floor
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 27, 2013
One savvy fan of both “Star Wars” and (maybe) J.J. Abrams has concocted this send-up of what Abrams will make “Star Wars” look like, a fan video with “flare.” Lens flare. Funny.
Back when “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” came out, it was hard to focus on anything but the film’s shortcomings. Director Chris Columbus, as he has proven in films before and since, has little sense of urgency — no … Continue reading
“Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” rode its pitch and its TV commercials– NOT its reviews — to a soft $18 million opening weekend. Not great for a 3D film, OK for a 3D splatter action comedy. That puts it at … Continue reading
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is going to rue the day they didn’t recognize Ben Affleck with a best director nomination. That old maxim, “Best directors direct best pictures” is going to be turned on its ear … Continue reading