Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: A "Big" styled body switch from Lail to Keaton -- "Mack & Rita"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza is the voice of her generation -- "Emily the Criminal"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 27, 2013
One savvy fan of both “Star Wars” and (maybe) J.J. Abrams has concocted this send-up of what Abrams will make “Star Wars” look like, a fan video with “flare.” Lens flare. Funny.
Back when “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” came out, it was hard to focus on anything but the film’s shortcomings. Director Chris Columbus, as he has proven in films before and since, has little sense of urgency — no … Continue reading
“Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” rode its pitch and its TV commercials– NOT its reviews — to a soft $18 million opening weekend. Not great for a 3D film, OK for a 3D splatter action comedy. That puts it at … Continue reading
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is going to rue the day they didn’t recognize Ben Affleck with a best director nomination. That old maxim, “Best directors direct best pictures” is going to be turned on its ear … Continue reading