Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 11, 2013
Kids and other Robert Pattinson fans won’t be running off to join the circus after seeing “Water for Elephants,” the brutish and violent screen adaptation of Sara Gruen’s novel. Whatever romance Gruen summoned forth from these rough and tumble show … Continue reading
“Bridesmaids” is a frat boy’s idea of what a funny “chick flick” should be. So, hat’s off to Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo for scripting a movie that is a raunchy hoot, that plays to that demographic and yet doesn’t … Continue reading
Marlon Wayans wrings every last down-and-dirty giggle out of a single joke in “A Haunted House,” his return to “Scary Movie” territory, in truth if not by contract. He’s no longer involved in that series, so he limited himself to … Continue reading
Three movies go into wide release today. One of them will win the weekend box office race. Will it be the Oscar buzzed/Oscar nominated “Zero Dark Thirty” or the moved-to-January-because-it-had-no-Oscar buzz “Gangster Squad”? Here’s my review of “Zero Dark Thirty,” … Continue reading