Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 8, 2023
BOX OFFICE: “Avatar,” “M3GAN” and “Otto” outperform expectations
Projections from Deadline and others were that “Avatar” would fall under $40 million this weekend, that “M3GAN” would open under $30, that “Puss in Boots” would manage about $10 and that “A Man Called Otto” wouldn’t clear $4. All of … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Avatar,” “M3GAN” and “Otto” outperform expectations
Netflixable? Executive assistant turns surrogate for the Boss, “Under Her Control”
“Under Her Control” is a surrogacy-gone-wrong thriller wrapped in a “Devil Wears Prada” package. This Spanish melodrama starts slowly and lumbers towards a Big Finish that isn’t nearly big enough to atone for the tedium that precedes it. First-time feature … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Executive assistant turns surrogate for the Boss, “Under Her Control”
Orson Welles shows us how to “Falstaff”
The sort of simple, indulgent reveries you could find on TV variety shows back in their Golden Age, turning over the camera and six minutes of your show to Orson Welles to improvise his way up to Sir John, Shakespeare’s … Continue reading
Owen Roizman — A Cinematographer who defined the ’70s, 1936-2023
You didn’t have to grow up in the ’70s, travel to America’s major cities back then to know what the decade looked like. And that was largely due to films lit and photographed by Owen Roizman. The director of photography … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Owen Roizman — A Cinematographer who defined the ’70s, 1936-2023