Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 5, 2023
Homeless teens leave the mean streets of Medellin for the promise of a far-off plot of land in “The Kings of the World,” director and co-writer Laura Mora Ortega’s dark, picaresque odyssey through Colombia’s half-abandoned interior. It’s a dreamlike journey … Continue reading
There’s not much point in pleading the case that “SOMEone should offer Michael Jai White better roles” any more. He’s all but given up on that himself, and is back to writing his own vehicles. White, always and forever “Black … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Nicolas Cage is Dracula, and Nicholas Hoult is his “Renfield” in this comedy with fangs
“Renfield?” He’s got issues. He’s in a support group. Can they work these toxic workplace issues out? April 14, we’ll see.
Rampling plays the retired war correspondent who has to take the troubled offspring of a sibling in this period piece, coming out Feb. 24. Looks lovely.
French action auteur Romain Gavras turns a racial flashpoint and riot in a suburban Paris high rise housing complex into a Medieval siege in “Athena,” an epic in unrest painted with a camera. It’s a film of beautiful images and … Continue reading
So the franchise that made Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell household names is revived, a state-of-the-art horror thriller about mothers and daughters and “maggots.” Lee Cronin, who dug “The Hole in the Ground,” scripted and directed this reboot, with a … Continue reading
I only knew this guy from “Top Gear,” this appearance especially. YouTube star as well Quite the drifter, Ken Block taught the world the meaning of Hoonigan. A co founder of DC shoes, which I’m wearing right now. Died the … Continue reading
“M3GAN” is a fierce and fun thriller about a doll that develops a murderous mind of its own. Sure, that’s as tired a trope as there is in the horror realm. But this laugh-out-loud dark comedy flirts with being THE … Continue reading