Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 5, 2022
Yes it’s “Romancing the Stone” meets “The Lost City of Z.” And yes it’s kind of mean to give Daniel Radcliffe the Danny DeVito role this time out. Bullock hasn’t done much physical comedy of late. But hey, if Lucille … Continue reading
A “slow cinema” Japanese period piece, this Roger DVDseed offering comes from FilmMovement and is now in the Brevard Co. Florida library system vis its Titusville branch. I remember liking it last year when I reviewed it. Hope the folks … Continue reading
“Why are you telling me all this?” the hero wants to know when a villain downloads another large chunk of exposition and conspiracy in the South African thriller “Indemnity.” It’s a question I ask myself scores of times a year, … Continue reading
If you want to know what the kids have been watching this weekend, they’ve been reading subtitles, brushing up on their Spanish and…biology. “Through My Window (A través de mi ventana)” is a Spanish teens-on-the-make drama/not-rom-com built on a “Pretty … Continue reading
How does a $150 million disaster movie (figures from Exhibitor Relations) look so cheap? You can see that in the TV ads, which is why RoRo Emmerich’s “Moonfall” did a piddling $700k Thursday night, with a $3.4 Friday that wouldn’t … Continue reading
Inspired by a true story, “Soumaya” is a French drama that walks the tightrope between understanding a “crackdown” after a mass terrorist attack by Islamist fanatics, and resisting it on principle. It is built around a performance that mixes despair, … Continue reading