Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 7, 2022
Another “timely” tale for our troubled era, based on a popular German novel about growing up, partying and carousing, during the “Cabaret” era Weimar Republic, as the Nazis were polishing their jackboots. This one opens Friday.
The Spanish Civil War is the one modern conflict that never seems to run out of lessons to pass on to us. The intimate, epic-length Spanish drama “The Endless Trench” is one of the best illustrations yet of what being … Continue reading
This dark comedy — Oui, love makes people try to jump in rivers, sometimes — comes our way Feb. 25. Looks sweet.
So many things have gone wrong since “Death on the Nile” was announced, cast and put in the can. There was a pandemic that stopped the world in its tracks. Co-star Armie Hammer had his #MeToo moment, a meltdown that … Continue reading