Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 2, 2022
Yes, the title sounds like a James Bond mashup — “Moonraker” meets “Skyfall.” Might that have been its inspiration? A decent enough cast, a big disaster surrounding them, and well, let’s just hope for the best. Halle saves the day, … Continue reading
An unhappy mashup of many horror tales, from “The Village” to “The Wicker Man,” “Ghosts of the Ozarks” has only a few moments that live up to its creepy title. As you scroll past it on whatever streaming or VOD … Continue reading
Movie Preview: The Scotsman who gave us Oasis and The Jesus and Mary Chain is celebrated — “Creation Stories”
Danny Boyle produced, his “Trainspotting” writer co-scripted it and “Spud” from that film, Ewen Bremner, stars as the fellow what founded “Creation Records,” which launched a lot of bands and made them famous. Right? That bloke would be Alan McGee, … Continue reading
Colin Farrel’s found a new home in the indie arthouse distributor A24. This latest AI/robot teaches us “what it means to be human” drama was supposed to come out last year, but the new trailer has it “coming soon” as … Continue reading
Sean Payton’s abrupt “retirement” from the head coaching job of the New Orleans Saints this week can only mean one thing. Somebody let him screen “Home Team,” the Happy Madison (Adam Sandler’s production company) comedy about how Payton spent that … Continue reading