Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Movie Review: When Jazz and Love Don't Mix -- "Learn to Swim"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 3, 2022
“The Wolf and the Lion” may be cloying, kid-friendly claptrap, a “nature” film about the unlikely upbringing of a couple of cubs on an idyllic island in Canada. But kids under the age of six won’t mind most of the … Continue reading
Ready for a little Sundance Film Fest-approved “surreal?” “Strawberry Mansion” is a 2035 tale of mice and men…and women. Weird, wacky, DIY cultish stuff. This one opens in limited release Feb. 18.
A disaster movie in every sense of the word, “Moonfall” instantly becomes the biggest swing-and-a-miss of Roland Emmerich’s popcorn packed career. And yes, I saw “Anonymous,” his “Shakespeare didn’t write Shakespeare’s plays” debacle, and the better-intentioned bust “Stonewall.” “Moonfall” is … Continue reading
A bartender and aspiring architect who figures to transform cities with his designs is told he’s about to go blind. His wife is stricken, not just about the disease, but about the failing marriage that she may now be trapped … Continue reading