Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 1, 2022
All nostalgic for this one.
A punk icon who died too young is wistfully remembered by her daughter in “Poly Styrene: I Am a Cliche,” narrated and co-directed by her daughter, Celeste Bell. Downbeat and eye-opening, it’s a marvelous time punk time capsule and a … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Singer and conductor Stellan Skarsgaard perform for the Nazis. Will they survive them? “I’ll Find You”
“Are you familiar with Wagner? It’s Hitler’s favorite. You’re going to sing it for him.” A singer seeks his Jewish/violinist girlfriend in the Third Reich. Good cast, nice period detail. Promising? Feb. 25.
Get past the dull first act…and somewhat dull second. See beyond the attempts at arty-fartiness — extreme close-ups and blurred montages of images — and the cheap shocks and “Alone With You” kind of/sort of works. It winds up in … Continue reading