Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 16, 2022
Kiefer Sutherland is their recruiter, Ben Foster and Pine are Army guys put out to pasture with bills to pay. They’re “contractors,” the euphemism for “mercenaries.” Looks tense. And with Pine announced as leading another “Star Trek” installment onto the … Continue reading
“Strawberry Mansion” is a quirky, cheap DIY-looking sci-fi parable about a future when dreams are being taxed, and some villainous successor to Google or Facebook has figured out a way to inject “product placement” into those dreams. It takes place … Continue reading
It can seem that there have been as many film versions of “Cyrano de Bergerac” as there are stage productions of Edmond Rostand’s timeless romance. I can remember animated ones and bloody ones, witty ones and Cyranos set in high … Continue reading
I dare say YouTube had a hand in greenlighting and titling this potentially cute and heartwarming tale, the movie Channing Tatum got to make when Marvel turned him down, to hear him tell it. What’s huge on YouTube? Dog videos. … Continue reading
Tony, monied, upscale and posh Winter Park is the high rent district/suburb of Orlando. I lived here for several years before moving to the coast. Winter Park, being monied and almost Biblically prideful, designed itself a library and adjacent events … Continue reading
“Anne +,” titled “Anne+ : the Film” on Netflix, is a Dutch journey of queer self-discovery that travels the vast distance between point A and point B. Yes, that’s sarcasm. It’s another light dip into a gay culture, this one … Continue reading
Tom Holland the laws of physics both take a licking and keep on ticking in “Uncharted,” Sony’s big screen adaptation of the Sony video game starring Sony’s Spider-Man. Holland’s kinetic turn as the young pickpocket/historian and bartender turned adventurer is … Continue reading