Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 14, 2022
Movie Review: Depp’s Photojournalist exposes a Japanese Environmental scandal and Cover-up — “Minamata”
It may be simplistic in the way it covers an infamous mass industrial poisoning and cover-up, in tidying up the untidy “relationship” part of the story. And “Minamata” may star Johnny Depp, an actor given to making drunks “cute,” and … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Depp’s Photojournalist exposes a Japanese Environmental scandal and Cover-up — “Minamata”
Movie Review: Tim Roth wanders and drinks towards “Sundown” on Mexico’s Costa Grande
Few movies have ever made as an abrupt a turn as Mexican filmmaker Michel Franco’s “Sundown,” a downbeat melodrama about dissipation, its causes and its consequences. It features a performance of perfectly poker-faced ennui by Tim Roth, a desperate breakdown … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Tim Roth wanders and drinks towards “Sundown” on Mexico’s Costa Grande
Netflixable? Glossy Turkish “Love Tactics” recycles Hollywood rom-com tricks
A deep bow of respect to the folks who cooked up “Love Tactics ( Ask Taktikleri),” a shiny and somewhat modern Turkish romantic comedy that, via Netflix, might show the world how Turkey itself is somewhat modern and shiny. This is … Continue reading
Ivan Reitman: 1946-2022
Ivan Reitman didn’t direct a lot of films, just 20 features over a career that spanned over 40 years. But his imprint on screen comedy was enormous, launching actors to stardom and fellow filmmakers who followed in his irreverent, sweet … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Ivan Reitman: 1946-2022