Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 29, 2016
“Hitchcock/Truffaut” documentary comes to HBO August 8
“Logic,” the great thriller director Alfred Hitchcock once intoned, “is dull.” So don’t try to pin down the geography of the long chase that is “North by Northwest,” don’t question too deeply how “The Birds” were able to pin down … Continue reading
Box Office: “Bourne” to own “Star Trek,” “Bad Moms” could hit, “Nerve” won’t
Matt Damon isn’t winning universal praise for returning to “Jason Bourne,” nor is director Paul Greengrass. Weak reviews won’t give a boost to the spy who fears his government franchise. But it won’t need reviews to make money. Box Office … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Bourne” to own “Star Trek,” “Bad Moms” could hit, “Nerve” won’t