Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2016
Here’s something Hollywood “revenge” thrillers always get wrong. They always give their hero “special skills.” You know, what Liam Neeson bragged about in “Taken,” what Sly Stallone let others attribute to him in “Rambo.” Real thrills and real engagement with … Continue reading
Horror survived its widely criticized “torture porn” phase — movies with nubile young women and occasionally handsome young actors eviscerated, etc., on the screen. And it will survive writer-director Ben Cresciman’s self-consciously obscure and artsy variation, which could be labeled … Continue reading