Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2016
Here’s something Hollywood “revenge” thrillers always get wrong. They always give their hero “special skills.” You know, what Liam Neeson bragged about in “Taken,” what Sly Stallone let others attribute to him in “Rambo.” Real thrills and real engagement with … Continue reading
Horror survived its widely criticized “torture porn” phase — movies with nubile young women and occasionally handsome young actors eviscerated, etc., on the screen. And it will survive writer-director Ben Cresciman’s self-consciously obscure and artsy variation, which could be labeled … Continue reading