Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2016
Actually, when you add up the notices, all three wide releases this weekend sit right on the cusp of widely endorsed. The dislike is lukewarm, the endorsements likewise. That goes for “Jason Bourne,” an all-chase, no character-development return to the … Continue reading
“Nerve” is a thriller that almost lives up to its name. A jumpy and tech-savvy plunge into the Digital Death of Privacy that today’s youngest webheads/cell-addicts are embracing, it manages to be cautionary but cute, menacing but alluring at the … Continue reading
If only “Bad Moms” possessed the guts to live down to its title, the wit to deliver on its premise. An over-reach for a “Hangover” styled spin on motherhood with drugs, sex, booze and “experimentation,” it reaches “raucous” on occasion. … Continue reading