Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2016
Actually, when you add up the notices, all three wide releases this weekend sit right on the cusp of widely endorsed. The dislike is lukewarm, the endorsements likewise. That goes for “Jason Bourne,” an all-chase, no character-development return to the … Continue reading
“Nerve” is a thriller that almost lives up to its name. A jumpy and tech-savvy plunge into the Digital Death of Privacy that today’s youngest webheads/cell-addicts are embracing, it manages to be cautionary but cute, menacing but alluring at the … Continue reading
If only “Bad Moms” possessed the guts to live down to its title, the wit to deliver on its premise. An over-reach for a “Hangover” styled spin on motherhood with drugs, sex, booze and “experimentation,” it reaches “raucous” on occasion. … Continue reading