Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2016
I was always more of a fan of Garry Marshall the character than Garry Marshall the director. I rolled my eyes at “Pretty Woman” and had a hard time sitting through such indulgences as “Valentine’s Day” and “Georgia Rule.” But … Continue reading
Viggo Mortensen gives perhaps his sweetest performance as a father determined to righteously raise his kids “off the grid” and disconnected from much of society in “Captain Fantastic,” an earthy, funny and sometimes poignant portrait of a family that could … Continue reading