Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2016
I was always more of a fan of Garry Marshall the character than Garry Marshall the director. I rolled my eyes at “Pretty Woman” and had a hard time sitting through such indulgences as “Valentine’s Day” and “Georgia Rule.” But … Continue reading
Viggo Mortensen gives perhaps his sweetest performance as a father determined to righteously raise his kids “off the grid” and disconnected from much of society in “Captain Fantastic,” an earthy, funny and sometimes poignant portrait of a family that could … Continue reading