Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 13, 2016
No explanation required.
The pedigree for “Fathers and Daughters” suggests there were great expectations for this melodrama at one time. Oscar winners Russell Crowe, Jane Fonda and Octavia Spencer, Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and reunited “Big Love” lovers Amanda Seyfried and Aaron Paul … Continue reading
Gennadiy Mokhnenko is a two-fisted Pentacostalist pastor who sees himself as a character he remembers from a children’s cartoon. He is “Gennadiy the Crocodile,” friend to children everywhere, and a friend with teeth. Steve Hoover’s documentary “Almost Holy” follows this … Continue reading
But but but… I thought “The Curse of Sleeping Beauty” was a children’s film! Not animated? In 3D? No true love’s kiss, and all that? Well, sort of. It’s a haunted house story, though it doesn’t start that way. Thomas … Continue reading
Everybody pretty much abandoned this weekend to “Captain America: Actually an Avengers Movie.” It could manage another $80 million at the box office (any less than that is a sign of audience fatigue). So there’s not a lot of new … Continue reading