Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 13, 2016
No explanation required.
The pedigree for “Fathers and Daughters” suggests there were great expectations for this melodrama at one time. Oscar winners Russell Crowe, Jane Fonda and Octavia Spencer, Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and reunited “Big Love” lovers Amanda Seyfried and Aaron Paul … Continue reading
Gennadiy Mokhnenko is a two-fisted Pentacostalist pastor who sees himself as a character he remembers from a children’s cartoon. He is “Gennadiy the Crocodile,” friend to children everywhere, and a friend with teeth. Steve Hoover’s documentary “Almost Holy” follows this … Continue reading
But but but… I thought “The Curse of Sleeping Beauty” was a children’s film! Not animated? In 3D? No true love’s kiss, and all that? Well, sort of. It’s a haunted house story, though it doesn’t start that way. Thomas … Continue reading
Everybody pretty much abandoned this weekend to “Captain America: Actually an Avengers Movie.” It could manage another $80 million at the box office (any less than that is a sign of audience fatigue). So there’s not a lot of new … Continue reading