Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
- Movie Review: Twists and tension make "I See You" a sleeper worth tracking down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 24, 2016
Wit, provocateur, satirist and social gadfly — “I’m famous,” Frank Zappa liked to say, “but most people don’t know what I do.” He made his living as a performer and band-leader of the Mothers of Invention, conjuring up dissonant orchestrations, … Continue reading
Oscar winner Dianne Wiest and “Selma” star David Oleyowo clash ever-so-quietly around the edges of grief in the short and somber “Five Nights in Maine.” The debut feature of writer-director Maris Curran aims for cryptic, and she gives us only … Continue reading
If romantic comedies were easy, Hollywood would be churning them out like comic book adaptations. But they aren’t. That magical blend of wit, warmth, chemistry and comedy evades pretty much everybody who sets out to make the perfect “date movie.” … Continue reading