Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 25, 2016
Personal, first-person documentaries often walk a fine line between illuminating and indulgent. And Vietnam War films, especially documentaries, were a played-out genre twenty years ago. But Soren Sorensen’s “My Father’s Vietnam” manages to be both personal and informative, a memoir … Continue reading
Oh, Alice, we’re not in Wonderland anymore. Not so much, anyway. That cheeky screenwriter Linda Woolverton (“Maleficent,” “The Lion King”) has stripped all the wonder out of it. And “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” which has precious little to do … Continue reading