Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 25, 2016
Personal, first-person documentaries often walk a fine line between illuminating and indulgent. And Vietnam War films, especially documentaries, were a played-out genre twenty years ago. But Soren Sorensen’s “My Father’s Vietnam” manages to be both personal and informative, a memoir … Continue reading
Oh, Alice, we’re not in Wonderland anymore. Not so much, anyway. That cheeky screenwriter Linda Woolverton (“Maleficent,” “The Lion King”) has stripped all the wonder out of it. And “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” which has precious little to do … Continue reading