Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2016
Children’s cartoons from most every film studio these days adhere to the Pixar model — especially in terms of themes and messages. “You’ve got a friend in me,” and “friends stick together” and the like seems to be as deep … Continue reading
If horror movies are meals, “The Darkness” is one that takes the smorgasbord approach. It’s got demons, a haunted house, portals to “the Third World,” a demon-targeted autistic kid, Native American rituals, an alcoholic mother who sees things but whom … Continue reading
“Captain America: Civil War” still owns the box office this weekend. But it’s falling off over 60% from its robust $179 million opening frame. A 60% drop is a little steeper than average with a blockbuster with great reviews and … Continue reading