Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Netflixable? Gay, back home in New Hampshire and "Single all the Way"
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: July 2015
As important as it is to remember that there were fairytales before “The Disney Version,” there’s little else to recommend the German animated take on Snow White, “The Seventh Dwarf.” For starters, it’s not about Snow White. She’s just a … Continue reading
Listen children, to a story about those hallowed days before 24 hour cable news & opinion, before cable TV, even. Americans watched political conventions, gavel to gavel, because the three broadcast networks insisted it was their civic duty. And one … Continue reading
“Pixels,” a kid-friendly Adam Sandler comedy, won Friday at the box office. But some are projecting “Ant-Man,” also kid friendly, will have a bigger Saturday and thus take the weekend from the Sand-Man — a $26-$24 million finish, Deadline.com says. … Continue reading
If it was up to movie critics, Adam Sandler’s movie career would be over. Not winding down. Not shrinking, which it has been. But dead. Done. But it isn’t, so we all, we ALL, vented at the failings of “Pixels,” … Continue reading
It all happened so quickly. In under four minutes, two vehicles pulled up at a Jacksonville, Florida gas station, one person from each of those cars ducked inside for a purchase or a bathroom break, and all hell broke loose … Continue reading
Let’s do some good here. Let’s watch Patrick Jean’s arresting 2:44 short from a few years ago that was the inspiration for the Adam Sandler disaster that critics are tearing apart here, at Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Here is the … Continue reading
For 15 or so glorious minutes, Peter Dinklage takes over and hilariously dominates “Pixels,” an Adam Sandler comedy saddled with the wrong star. For four or five minutes, here and there, Josh Gad dials up the wacky. And “Pixels,” a comedy … Continue reading
“Just stay calm,” the sheriff and his deputy tell the townspeople. And they do. They watched all the animals in town flee. They’ve noticed the moving shadows and noted the footprints. “Cloven. Hooves.” Maybe they noticed their story’s color palette … Continue reading
Joe Mantegna, Jena Malone, Adam Arkin and Thomas Ian Nicholas are in the cast of the heist-gone-wrong thriller “10 Cent Pistol.” But it stars two unknowns — JT Alexander and Damon Alexander. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody deserves their shot … Continue reading
Cobie Smulders reminds us that she’s more than an agent of “S.H.I.E.L.D” in “Unexpected,” playing a pregnant teacher who bonds with her star student, who also happens to be pregnant. Neither Samantha Abbott (Smulders) nor Jasmine (Gail Bean) planned these … Continue reading