Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 28, 2015
Movie Review: “Paper Towns”
A teen romance with most of the rough edges rubbed off, “Paper Towns” is as pleasantly bland as the city that is its setting — Orlando. That’s where Quentin (Nat Wolff of “Stuck in Love”) has pined away for neighboring … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Paper Towns”
Movie Review — “Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation”
Jokier and more obviously derivative, “Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation” is the funniest “MI” picture, and maybe the worst of the series. It’s still an amusing Greatest Hits package, with Tom Cruise anchoring the action in a story that borrows from thrillers … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews 8 Comments
Movie Review: “Vacation”
Nostalgia is an understandable, if perhaps misguided reaction to “Vacation,” a sequel/reboot of 1983’s “National Lampoon’s Vacation.” The soundtrack tugs at…something…every time Lindsay Buckingham’s “Holiday Road” theme song burbles back to life. And Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo reprise their … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews 6 Comments