Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Preview: Emilia Clark reads up on the "MURDER MANUAL"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2015
“That Sugar Film” is Aussie director/essayist Damon Gameau’s attempt to do to Big Sugar what “Supersize Me” did to McDonalds. It’s a glib yet informative and sometimes entertaining re-hashing of everything we know about how bad sugar is for us … Continue reading
“Jimmy’s Hall” is an eye-opening period piece that takes us back to the dark days of the Irish Police State. The British are non-entities in the post-Civil War Ireland of the 1930s. But the village that political exile Jimmy Gralton … Continue reading
“Call Me Lucky” is another of those “the funniest comic you never saw” documentaries. Guys like Bill Hicks have earned them over the years. The bearish Bostonian Barry Crimmins is so unknown that it’s a bit of a shock to … Continue reading