Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2015
“That Sugar Film” is Aussie director/essayist Damon Gameau’s attempt to do to Big Sugar what “Supersize Me” did to McDonalds. It’s a glib yet informative and sometimes entertaining re-hashing of everything we know about how bad sugar is for us … Continue reading
“Jimmy’s Hall” is an eye-opening period piece that takes us back to the dark days of the Irish Police State. The British are non-entities in the post-Civil War Ireland of the 1930s. But the village that political exile Jimmy Gralton … Continue reading
“Call Me Lucky” is another of those “the funniest comic you never saw” documentaries. Guys like Bill Hicks have earned them over the years. The bearish Bostonian Barry Crimmins is so unknown that it’s a bit of a shock to … Continue reading