Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: June 2015
The acquired taste that is Seth MacFarlane is harder to acquire and the one joke in his one-joke comedy about the pot-smoking/potty-mouthed teddy bear wears thin in the endless two hours of “Ted 2.” Really, if you’ve seen one f-bomb … Continue reading
“Glass Chin” is a boxing picture with very little actual boxing. As the title suggests, putting the ex-fighter (Corey Stoll, in a break-out performance) in the ring wouldn’t be a pretty sight. Bud “The Saint” Gordon used to be somebody, … Continue reading
Fifteen minutes into a serious thriller about shooting down Air Force One and kidnapping the president, “Big Game” turns seriously silly. But we’re in the hands of the writer-director of the Finnish “Santa Claus is a monster” movie, “Rare Exports: … Continue reading
Amy had a bad breakup, probably the latest of many. She’s an artist, so her post-breakup grief is an unusually deep wallow in self-pity. But self-pity, in this case, leads to self-expression. After friends have helped her cope with changes … Continue reading
“A Little Chaos” is an overlong ditty of a movie, Alan Rickman’s amusingly fanciful version of how a famous outdoor ballroom in the gardens of Versailles came to be. He directed and co-stars with his “Sense and Sensibility” love interest, … Continue reading
“La petite mort,” the French call it — “the little death.” What a colorful and delicate way to describe an orgasm. But “delicate” isn’t the first word that leaps to mind with the Australian sex comedy that takes its name … Continue reading
Heist pictures don’t come much dumber than “7 Minutes,” an indie thriller about three desperate young guys who attempt their first armed robbery. That stupidity, evident in both the under-planned caper and its resolution, could have been an asset to … Continue reading
Box Office: “Jurassic” wins another weekend, “Inside Out” opens over $83, “Dope” opens wack. Or weak.
“Jurassic World” is headed towards another weekend over $100 million at the U.S. box office, and appears set to clear $400 million (domestically) in just ten days. That, coupled with the staggering foreign box office numbers, means Hell yeah we’re … Continue reading
“Burying the Ex” is a horror comedy that never frightens and rarely amuses. It’s a zombie breakup movie whose best joke might be its all-the-description-you-need title. Horror shop clerk Max (Anton Yelchin of the revived “Star Trek”) has this shrill … Continue reading