Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 29, 2013
The “Emperor’s New Clothes” con job of modern art takes one right on the kisser in “Exit Through the Gift Shop,” a little guerrilla style filmmaking about guerrilla graffiti artists and their status as darlings of the art world.
In Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., anxious parents and kids who share their anxiety gather. They draw numbers, sit in a crowded gym, cross their fingers and hope for the best. What they’re hoping for is a chance … Continue reading
The actual box office figures from last weekend pushed “Hansel & Gretel” very close to its predicted $20 million take for the weekend, up from earlier notes that suggested it wouldn’t clear $18. “Mama” held almost 50% of its audience … Continue reading
They package the nominated short animation, feature and documentary films into a program that runs in theaters across the country so that film fans can check out ALL the nominees before Oscar night. Come to the Enzian this weekend to … Continue reading
Israeli filmmaker Dror Moreh persuaded six different chiefs of Israel’s domestic secret police, Shin Bet, to sit and be interviewed for his eye-opening documentary “The Gatekeepers.” It’s a film that takes the long view of Israeli-Palestinian history, but not the … Continue reading